Sunday, July 12, 2009

Taking the Easy Way Out

If you found a bag with $10,000 in it, with no name or reference to its owner, and in a place with no one around, would you keep it? If the bank accidentally credited $1000 to your account, would you tell them it was a mistake? If you were given answers to a test, would you cheat? In other words, would you take the easy way out? Taking the path that you aren't necessarily deserving of may be the quick, least productive way, but it also may not be the most integrous and moral. So why is it so easy, and why do people still do it? Because when the world presents someone with an undeserving opportunity, that someone may view it from a couple of perspectives: 1. The universe just gave him an easy way out, though he did not rightfully earn it. 2. The quick and easy way satisfies his immediate needs and urges; therefore, he chose it. From these viewpoints, some may actually rationalize that it's OK to forget about morals or Karma and just accept what they think they deserve. If you were truly evolved and had a developed conscience and conscious, you would realize that cheating or taking money that isn't rightfully yours is not the healthy thing to do. You would understand what the appropriate course of action would be without hesitation. Where do you stand on these scenarios? Examine your beliefs and the actions you think you would take and decide for yourself how healthy your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors are.

I am confident in myself and the universe to always provide for me and my family. I openly receive what I feel I rightfully deserve. I have a clear conscience and know in my heart, mind, body, and soul that I do what is appropriate and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment