Friday, December 4, 2009

Learning to Be Non-Judgmental

While living a human existence you are in a position to make decisions based on what you feel is right or best for you and your family. In doing so, you often have to examine the thoughts, beliefs, attitudes, and character traits of others' and the situations they present. Sometimes you can get caught up in feeling what's right for you is also right for someone else. If you make a judgment on another you may tend to belittle or impose your opinion on that person or his or her experiences. In order to maintain your power and confidence without hurting someone else's feelings, you can choose a position of discernment and nonjudgment instead. Discernment allows you to think and feel from a sense of esteem, courage, and self-care so that you can maintain your decision and boundaries confidently without passing judgment on someone else's choices. You can simply declare, "I prefer things to be done this way as I feel it is the best decision for me and my loved ones."



I choose from a place of confidence and discernment, not judgment. I only have control of my thoughts, feelings, actions, and relationships. I allow others to honor their own paths without passing judgment on them, but it doesn't mean I have to agree or side with them also.

No comments:

Post a Comment