Sunday, November 8, 2009

Do Major Events Define Your Life?

Oftentimes, people describe their lives in terms of pinpoint dramatic events that have occurred. For example, "We lived in New Orleans pre-Katrina" or "My husband and I got along better before the miscarriage." Major incidents or changes, such as divorce, marriage, or job transfer, are aspects of life that need to be dealt with. However, when you define yourself, your relationships, and your contentment in relation to those chaotic times, you may lose sight of all the other moments that serve as the filling. How you handle the transitional periods is equally important to your reactions to critical incidents. During the stable, functional times of life, you may feel restless and unsettled because of an underlying worry or fear that some other upheaval will come and disrupt your life. In actuality though, the best thing to do is just to live in the moment and enjoy the simple pleasure of stability. Developing a sense of peace, serenity, and gratitude during the easy times can help you better cope during heightened periods of stress.

My life is defined by the simple, pleasurable moments of joy and fulfillment in my everyday life. I am living my life now and enjoy every moment of it! I embrace each moment as an opportunity to express love, happiness, and appreciation for all of life. I handle major life events from a place of peace, love, and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment