Monday, September 14, 2009

Holistic Healing Effects of Music

Music has several components to it, including the lyrics, melody, rhythm, instrumentation, pitch, movement, and voice. Undeniably, music can have an effect on your mind, body, heart, and soul. When you want to feel pumped up and energized, a fast-beat, rockin' song can help get you there. When you feel romantic and want to be intimate with your partner, a sappy love song can set the mood. When you need inspiration, listening to spiritual music can uplift you. When you just want to relax your mind and regain focus, easy listening can soothe the chatter. Dancing and body movement to music can also be therapeutic. Allow your ego, heart, mind, and body to release stagnant energy, negative emotions, and draining attachments as you sway, pound, clap, and connect with an ancient aspect of your soul. See yourself as a tribal, creational being close to the physical and metaphoric cradle of civilization. Sound is believed to be the primordial element of our existence: "In the beginning, there was the Word," Masonic (mother sound), Aum is the eternal sound of all that exists.

I listen to music that frees my mind, nurtures my heart, moves my body, and stirs my soul. I connect with my creational roots and allow music to heal my mind, body, heart, and soul. I am one with the universal vibration.

No comments:

Post a Comment