Monday, August 24, 2009

Defining Self-Worth

A good sense of self-worth is indicative of a confident person who maintains a healthy degree of esteem, value, and love for self. Healthy self-worth can further describe more than self-love and respect. It also involves not compromising morals, ethics, or true happiness for the sake of such things as increasing material items to feel better, maintaining harmful relationships, or indulging in transient, dishonorable temptations. Review your degree of self-worth. Are you holding true to integrity, healthy belief patterns, and honorable relationships? Or, are you making choices based on increasing your net worth, gaining false respect from others, or allowing other people's judgements to sway your personal opinion of yourself? To further examine personal worthiness, extend your assessment to how you treat others. Are you creating meaningful, win-win partnerships, or do you secretly hope to compete, conquer, and gain personal satisfaction in one-sided situations?

I value myself as a person and feel good about the choices I make. I know in my heart, mind, body, and soul that my decisions come from a true sense of worth, morality, and integrity. My true sense of self-worth is internal, not based externally on possessions or falsely secure relationships. My intentions are to create relationships that yield positive outcomes for all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment