Monday, June 22, 2009

Importance of Solitude

Do you ever get an hour in the day just for yourself? What about even five minutes? From the moment you wake up till the moment you lie down, life happens -- alarm rings, dog barks, kids fight, husband gets frisky, horn blows, boss buzzes, friend calls, project list piles up, etc. etc. When your attention is diverted one thousand different ways throughout the day, your connection with inner peace and your higher self becomes strained. Life gets lived by the life you are living. External quiet and physical aloneness are invaluable for your sense of bliss and internal harmony. If you feel you don't have enough time to take time for yourself and just be alone, you need to create time. Simplify your life by cutting obligations that are not absolutely necessary. Start by taking five minutes per day of "you" time just to be in silence. Stop and park the car overlooking a lake on the way home, eat lunch by yourself, drive without the radio on, or stay up five minutes later after everyone else falls asleep. Clear the mental clutter of everything else that's happening, then allow your consciousness to receive the peace and healing your mind, body, heart, and soul are yearning for.

I deserve inner and outer peace. My reality is created by me. I simplify my life so that I may enjoy "me" time. I deserve a break. I am worthy to receive blessings of inner and outer peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment