Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Do Not Be Quick to Judge

This morning I was riding along in my car listening to my favorite country music station. The radio personalities were asking listeners to call in with their personal slogans or words of wisdom that keep them going and offer positive insight. As I was enjoying the conversations, I began to merge into the left lane to turn into a parking lot. A car had pulled out in front from the right side to make a left turn so I had to slow down. Immediately, a car behind me started honking its horn and I looked in my mirrors to see what was going on. Evidently he was trying to merge in the left lane beside me and was edging me on to hurry up and get over or get out of the way. I realized I was in between lanes but couldn't go anywhere due to the car in front of me pulling out. I had to stop to allow him to finish crossing. The guy in the car behind me decided to stop right next to me, roll down his window, and proceed to instruct me on how to merge over. I looked at him and said, "I understand what you're saying, but there was a car in front of me, and I couldn't pull over until it passed." The guy just sped off. So my morning went from listening to positive insights to almost getting into an accident because some man was too impatient and made a quick judgment on my driving skills. I was able to stop for a few seconds. I asked Archangel Michael to cut the negative cord attached to me from this guy, and then I prayed for him. I prayed that he would slow down, be patient, and not be so judgmental. May he learn from this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment