Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Need for Growth and Development

My 3 y.o. was watching a show today in which the little boy character decided he wanted to run away from home because he didn't want to take naps anymore. After his family candidly rationalizes with him about his decision, he decides not to go anymore. He would rather be close to his brother, play with his toys, and have fun with his friends. The show ended and my daughter comes up to me stating her wishes to run away from home as well. When she claimed it was due to the fact that she didn't want to take naps anymore, I reminded her that she gave up naps several months ago. She didn't have much else to say after that.
It was interesting to note that after viewing the whole episode, with the plot, the climax, and the resolution, she choose to focus on the conflict. I think we often do that in life. Look at your life situations as if they were a television show. Are you focusing on the crisis....the drama? We can choose to focus on a healthy outcome....a resolution. Of course through conflict and problems we can learn and personal development can occur. But do you want that in your life? Do you want situations where you feel like you're on an emotional roller coaster? Is that what you choose? We're here on Earth to learn and evolve so why not choose personal development involving healthy situations, like in a genuine partnership or when you're committing your time and efforts to a worthy cause. Review you life and release the dramas. You don't need them.

My life is full of fun and healthy situations that allow me to grow and development mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically, financially, and socially. I choose to surround myself with positive influences.

No comments:

Post a Comment