Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mean Streak or Good Natured

I'd like to think we are all good by nature. Unfortunately, we're not evolved enough yet to connect with that element of spiritual goodness and purity every moment of our lives. A 20/20 special I saw last night showed a video of some teens purposefully beating up another girl out of anger and hatred. I felt so disheartened, and it only reinforced my decision not to watch the news or read the paper on a day to day basis. What I felt and thought was THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. We are beyond this...we have got to recognize that negative emotions such as anger, jealousy, fear, etc. are not the answer. Those situations will not heal our earth, our country, our neighborhoods, and our personal lives. What will heal us is channeling that energy into something positive, something purposeful, and something healthy. When I hear someone say, "I hate that person," I think about the karmic effect it has on everyone involved. I try to remember to pray and ask for a healing of those people's situation for the highest and best good and bless them. We have got to let our conscience influence our actions and decisions and steer us on a healthier course. Live with a conscience and consciously and the answer is simple -- be kind to yourself, others, and your environment and by all means LOVE LOVE LOVE.

I am kind. I show respect to all. I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment