Monday, October 12, 2009

Raising Personal and Societal Standards

Standards and expectations you have set for yourself have a connection to the worldwide community. If you deem yourself worthy enough and if you are able to set boundaries for not tolerating anything but what you feel is best, then you will project out into the environment a certain sense of respect, value, and commitment to excellence. As each person reaches a level of consciousness such as this, the nature and consciousness of humanity can be influenced, if only one person and situation at a time. Will you accept a husband that says, "I may drink alcohol every night but at least I don't hit you" or a teenage daughter that claims, "I may be having sex at 14 but at least I'm not pregnant." Your attitudes and beliefs about what you and your family deserve and what you will accept as your standard contributes to society's standards. If your self-expectations are low, you are reflecting onto your culture and community less than what is your best. Society has become blase' about what's socially acceptable behavior and what is deviant behavior and shouldn't be tolerated. Just look at the early 1900s compared to now. What is accepted now within families, relationships, and personal lives would have not been tolerated then. Increase your standards and attract into your life the highest and best people, places, and situations. Project out into the world a consciousness that mirrors goodness, integrity, respect, and family values.

I respect myself and my loved ones enough to say "no" to what I feel is not in our highest and best interest. My thoughts, feelings, actions, and connections are based on respect, integrity, and an interest in family values. I contribute holistically and purposefully to my community. I show compassion and forgiveness for others who may not decide on what's healthy, but I choose to surround myself with what serves my highest good.

No comments:

Post a Comment